Saturday, May 10, 2008

Garnet writes in praise of the Nuva Ring.

Of course, the American Life League's attacks on The Pill aren't just about The Pill, they're also about other means of chemical contraception (or as they put it, "chemical abortion"), such as the NuvaRing® and Ortho-Evra®. (Don't take my word for it, check their website.) But as Garnet points out, these methods also help to regulate chaotic menstrual cycles. She wrote:

I went on birth control at 19. I had suffered, for three years, debilitating cramps so bad I had to miss a day or so of class every month. One time it was so bad all I could do was lay in bed and cry. Tylenol or Ibuprofen wouldn't even come close to the pain.

Now, I am able to function like a real person, 100% of the time. Gone are the killer mood swings that would have lost me the man who became my spouse. Gone is about 85% of the fatigue.

I have my life back, and its all because of my nuva ring.

No comments: