Saturday, May 10, 2008

Introducing The Pill Saves Lives

Hi everybody.

As you probably have heard, The American Life League is organizing a day of protest against the birth control pill, in an attempt to mobilize people not just to overturn Roe v. Wade, the SCOTUS ruling that protects the right to an abortion, but Griswold vs. Connecticut, the SCOTUS ruling that protects the right to access to contraception. The nucleus of this day of protest is their website ThePillKills.com. They claim that Griswold is the root of a "culture of death" that encourages abortion, and also that birth control pills, in particular, cause abortions. They're going after Planned Parenthood, Griswold, and ultimately, our right to contraception.

So I'm organizing the Pill Saves Lives Blog to collect stories from women whose lives were saved (existentially or otherwise) by the pill. If you don't mind me using your story, please send it to me here. I'll keep your name and contact info confidential (or not, if you so please), or use whatever alias you want. (Don't worry about my email getting hacked -- I use a random password generator for all my passwords, including my email. :))

I'll also use this blog as a focal point to organize counter-demonstrations, spread information, and possibly keep the heat on the American Life League and their allies in the anti-abortion movement. And of course, to have some fun as well, since every revolution must have some dancing to keep it alive.

Here we go!

No comments: